WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SAY OUR THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS, WEBSITE ADMINISTRATORS, SATHGURUS FOR THEIR VALUABLE VIEWS, ADVICES, FOR THE UPLIFTMENT OF THE MANKIND IN THE WORLD

Monday, October 3, 2011

Some Spritual Questions/Answers - Part 10

My health is not so good, especially my eyes. Please tell me a solution.

Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Pray to Lord Surya (Sun God) by doing 11 Surya Namaskars everyday. You will see improvement.
-----------------------------------
Can ladies wear Rudraksha?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Only ladies who have renounced life can wear rudraksha.
------------------------------------
I get irritated by my boss questioning and the tone in which it is done. This upsets me and negativity rises. How should I handle this and remain peaceful?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Once Buddha went to a house begging for alms. The house owner not only refuses alms but also abuses him verbally. Buddha stood calm listening to all of it. The house owner was puzzled at the Buddha's indifference and asked him how he could remain without the least reaction. Then Buddha replied, 'If you wish to donate me a cow, and I refuse, whom does the cow belong to? Does it not belong to you? Your abuses are no different!'
Your boss may be showing his work pressures as irritation on you. So do not get hurt by them and try to remain calm.
---------------------------------
Do we take another birth?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
If you chant the Mahamantra, there is no question of another birth.
-------------------------------
Some people say that once we have human birth, we will not go into lower forms until we get realization. Is this right?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
No this statement is not true.
---------------------------------
I want to know about your Bhakti Advaita Siddhanta(Philosophy). Many mahatmas (Saints) have shown different types of philosophies – Advaita, Vishishtadvaita, Dvaitha and so on. Please explain them to us.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
We know only Mahamantra. I think it is enough for you too.
----------------------------------
What is Sixth Sense?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
That which makes you ask this very question is your sixth sense.
-----------------------------------
Why do we get sufferings in life? Why can't God create a world that has no sufferings, or better not perform Creation at all, at the first place?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Let us assume that someone comes to me and I tell him that I am his saviour and that it is me who has been protecting him so long. He immediately would ask me for explanation. I go to say that as per his karma, he should have died at this point of time or some accident should have befallen, but I have nullified his bad karma and protected him.
Even if this were true, the person would laugh at me and call me a bluff. But, if he encounters a dangerous situation and comes out of it without any problems, it is then that he would realize the truth.
It is easy to question after an event has happened, but our mind does not realize the invisible protection that keeps away harm. That is quite the nature of the mind.
So, if there is no suffering, we don't realize the protection. That is why we get sufferings.
---------------------------------
Why do God fearing people seem to suffer more than others?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
A doctor administers anesthesia only to a patient who needs to undergo an operation. Likewise the Lord blesses with Bhakti(devotion), those people who need to work out their severe Karmas so that the effects of their severe karma do not affect them much.
------------------------------
I am in my seventies. For the last several decades I have been chanting several Mantras on various deities. In recent times I have been chanting the Mahamantra too. However, I have not so far been able to attain in my life any virtues like 'Jnana' (Wisdom), 'Vairagya' (Dispassion)and 'Viveka' (discrimination). I have also not been able to control my instant anger. Can I be blessed with your valuable guidance?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Stick to a Japa that is most comfortable to you and leave the rest of the Mantras. Before starting to chant, keep yourself free for sometime.
Remain silent. Don't talk an unnecessary word. Don't engage your mind in any work. Be calm. Then first think of your Ishta Devata or Guru and imagine Him in front of you.
In your heart of hearts, ('maanasika'), perform Pradakshinam, Archanam and Namaskaram to Him and pray to Him to deepen your spiritual effort (Sadhana).
Slowly, try to reduce your interference in mundane worldly matters. You will see improvement soon.
-------------------------------
I am in my twenties. I read a few spirtitual books and listen to spiritual discourses and am trying to live a disciplined life in this materialistic world. But due to the culture and lifestyle of the people around me in the metropolitan city I live, I find very difficult to control my mind and direct my thoughts. I fear that slowly I will also get in to this materialistic world addicted by worldly pleasures. So, I would like to take up 'Sanyasa' after completing my duties to my parents. Please advise me if this is a good choice.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Let me give you a piece of sincere advice. Don't take Sanyas at any cost. That is because, in this Yuga, it is next to impossible to follow all the rules prescribed in our Shastras for Sanyasa Dharma. If you take up Sanyasa and do not follow the rigorous rules properly, you will end up in hell. Hence, if you wish to lead a secluded life, you can do so the way you are right now. That is enough.
I will pray to God for you. God will not let you down.
---------------------------------
I am not able to perform regular prayers in the morning (due to my work schedules) nor in the evening (as I am so much tired after I return from work). This gives me a feeling of guilt of neglecting prayers. However I listen to bhajans when I drive that gives me a great peace of mind and satisfaction. My question, now, is, Are proper prayers a must?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Although certain times are considered best for prayers, the key logic behind giving certain time restrictions and rules and regulations to performing prayers is only to enforce people to perform prayers. Otherwise, in general, there are no time restrictions or compulsions for personal prayers. You can do it anywhere, and at any time. Truly, Bhajans are prayers only.
Conversing with God in a personal manner is prayer in itself. Thanking God for all the good things He has given you is prayer in itself. Singing His Divine Name is prayer in itself. Mere hearing of Bhajans is a prayer in itself. So your guilt is unfounded.
-------------------------------  
It is said that the Vedas cannot be chanted by everyone because of the fear of mispronouncing it. I chant the Lakshmi Ashtotra when I pray to God. I am not a hundred percent confident that I pronounce the words right. Will I incur sins because of this?  


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Ashtotras come under the classification of Stuthis, which sing the praise of the Lord. So if you commit small mistakes when reciting them, you will not incur sins. The Lord will forgive you.
-------------------------------
Whenever I visit the temple or pray at home, I just chant some Mantra I know. I forget to mention the trouble or thank for the joy the Lord gives me. Sometimes I wonder if it is a right way to pray. Please advice.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
It is really heartening to note that you chant Mantra forgetting everything else. This is the way to chant and we all aspire for that state. So please do not doubt the rightness of this way. While you chant the mantra with one-pointed mind, your Mantra will do the necessary prayers for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment