WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SAY OUR THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS, WEBSITE ADMINISTRATORS, SATHGURUS FOR THEIR VALUABLE VIEWS, ADVICES, FOR THE UPLIFTMENT OF THE MANKIND IN THE WORLD

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

---- Sri.Sri.Muralidhara Swamiji Answers devotees questions.

I am a student. I am a very sensitive individual. I would like to know how I should react if people blame me for or talk negatively about things that I have not done. Should I justify or remain quiet?

Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
You can justify once in a polite manner, but if you are not being heard, you should not insist. Firstly, try to ignore such people. Try to port yourself in a manner that you are not affected by such people and their acts. Be calm and cheerful. Automatically, people will stop disturbing you.
For instance, children are generally frightened by lizards. If a child does not seem to be frightened by a lizard, the person will not use that tactic anymore to frighten it. So being non-reactive is the best way to avoid trouble.

--------------------------------------
How do I dispel negative energy? Some times I am in a state of bliss which is short lived. How do I keep this constant with the kind of negative energy surrounding me?
 
Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

When the bliss is short lived, it is not eternal. These are nothing but the tricks of the mind. Don't get bogged down by it. To make the bliss eternal, one should practice the Sadhana of chanting overcoming the laziness.
--------------------------------------
I am a sinner and have committed so many abominable actions in my life. Please pray for me so that the love for the Holy Name can manifest in my crooked, wretched, filthy heart so that the Lord can make my heart His abode. I want to experience his divine love. I am hopeless and hence beg for your prayers.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
According to the Shastras (Scriptures) and the words of the great saints, as soon as one admits his sins and truly repents for them, that is the greatest 'prayaschitta' (atonement) for the sin. So your very repenting for the sins is the remedy. So there is nothing to worry. God is full of love and mercy. You are his dearest child. I shall also pray for you as per your wish. Hereafter you will enjoy the eternal divine love of God slowly but steadily. 
--------------------------------------
I am confused about my life so please tell me how my life will be?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Don't worry about your life. Let it go in any way. From the bottom of your heart, pray to God chanting the Mahamantra and ask Him to guide you properly. He will put you in the right path.
--------------------------------------
What is curse? Being a mere human being, will I be affected by curses?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
When a person wishes something bad for you, out of any reason like anger, or dissatisfaction, or for no reason, that is a curse. In order for the curse to take effect, the person who curses must possess some penance.
However, curses given by a mother, father, wife, husband, Guru, cow, a Vedhic scholar, saint, sanyasi, Bhagavata and birds will affect one to a large extent if they have penance and will affect one a little even if they don't possess any penance.
-------------------------------------- 
While performing rituals, pujas etc. we are unable to repeat the Mantras which the pundits say. We are aware that we are making lot of mistakes. When we are unable to repeat it correctly, can we simply we say "Krishna", "Krishna", instead of saying the mantras wrongly? How to get over this genuine difficulty?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
You are right. That is the very reason why we are advocating that the Mahamantra is alone enough in the place of all pujas and rituals. 
-------------------------------------- 
How can I find happiness with my family members?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Don't see your family members as mere physical forms. See the Lord in them who is making them act the way that they are. It is as simple as that.
Try to practice this, and you will start finding happiness automatically.
--------------------------------------
I am a very contented person but still, I don't have peace of mind. Why?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
This is because you are thinking that peace of mind is derived only from worldly things.
--------------------------------------
If God knows what is bad and what is good, why does he often test his disciples?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
As you have said, God knows what is good and what is bad. He wants to confirm with his disciples if they have understood what is good and what is bad. That is why He tests them.
During the rest of the time, chant the Divine Name 'Hari', 'Hari', 'Hari' constantly.
--------------------------------------
I am a Ram Bhakta (devotee). I have taken initiation from a master. But I am informed that a Vaishnava Bhakta should follow strictly one of the four prescribed 'Sampradhayas' . Can I now take initiation from another Guru?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
There is nothing wrong against taking multiple initiations. But that is not necessary. Though there are so many rules and regulations, God is above all of this. You stick to whatever you are right now and continue your practice. God will take care of you. He knows what best to give you and will do so at the opportune moment.
-------------------------------------- 
My grandson wants to know how the Ekadasi fast started and why we observe it. Please enlighten me.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
The origin is in the Shastras. The shastras prescribe certain Vratas (fasts) that one has to observe during his lifetime. Some of these are optional while the others are compulsory. Ekadasi is one such compulsory 'vrata'.
-------------------------------
If life form is present in everything we eat, isn't eating equal to killing that very life?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
For sustenance, we need to consume food, don’t we? So we do only the minimum harm in order to fetch the food that is needed for sustenance.
If we merely eat without performing bhajan, the harm is not at all justified. It is very much wrong. That is why it is said that don’t live without chanting.
--------------------------------

Why do some people advise against eating meat?

Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
It is best to fill your mind with saatvic (Pure) thoughts. The food you eat and your mind are directly related. Eating meat products induce 'rajasic' qualities in your mind. That may be the reason why some people advise you to abstain from eating meat.
--------------------------------------
What are rajasic qualities? 


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Anger, lust, greed, tendency to indulge in worldly pleasures, resorting to any means to fulfill this end is worldly rajas.
Even in divine life, there are rajasic qualities. Doing divine activities with great pomp and show, hurting the body in form of severe penance, exhibiting and projecting one's Sadhanas to outer world, etc. are examples.
--------------------------------------
Sometimes I start chanting or writing the Mantras without taking bath. Is this allowed? How do I quit this habit?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
If you are chanting the Mahamantra, it is harmless. You are not allowed to chant the other Mantras without taking bath. Instead of changing your bathing habit, change over to the Mahamantra. That will prove good for you.
--------------------------------------
When will my husband start loving me?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Your husband will start loving you when you love him without expecting his love.
--------------------------------------
Who is Visvaksena?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
Visvaksena is the Lord who resides in the Mooladhara.
-------------------------------------- 
I chant the Mahamantra when at work. Is it fine to chant in the mind or should I chant only by opening my mouth?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
What you are doing is perfectly right.
-------------------------------------- 
I am from middle class family. My parents have lived in poverty all their life. My elder sister is not married yet. My elder brother who was taking care of our family has fallen sick and now the onus is on me. I have two younger brothers who have problems too. I am getting frustrated due to problems. I don't seem to taste success in life at all. Swamiji, please advise me what I should do.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
You should first understand this – Success in life does not depend on how poor or how rich you are. One's effort and divine blessings are the true reasons behind success. So be positive.
Chant the Mahamantra in your mind calmly and sincerely pray to God with all the developments in life that you want for yourself as well as for others. You will see that slowly, your desires will get fulfilled. Faith and confidence are of utmost importance.
--------------------------------------
I chant Nama daily. My father says that we should not face South direction while reciting slokas or while chanting. Is it correct? Why is it so?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
South is the direction of the Pitrus (dead ancestors). Hence that direction is usually avoided for all spiritual practices. However, for Mahamantra Kirtan, there are no rules or regulations. That is the greatness of this path.
--------------------------------------
In one of your discourses, you have mentioned that the Lord will not take birth in the Kali Yuga. But, as per the Holy Scriptures, it will be Kalki Bhagavan (holding a sword in one hand and riding a horse) who will destroy Adharma & protect the innocent. Doesn't it seem contradictory?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
The Kalki Avatar, it has been said, will happen at the fag end of the Kali Yuga. Moreover, Kalki avatar, according to the scriptures has been said as an Avatar to destroy and not protect. So, in that sense, the Lord will not take a 'Pratyaksha Avatara' in Kali Yuga.
--------------------------------------
Prarabdha Karma is that part of karma one is trying exhaust in ones lifetime. Prarabdha Karma is something that can't be changed. Is it true that even Brahman (the ultimate truth) can not change one's prarabdha karma?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
The Lord never removes one's Karma even though He has the power to do it. This is because the human mind is so doubt-ridden that if God removes one’s bad Karma, he may be worried that God might remove his good deeds too!
-------------------------------------- 
What is Purna Brahman?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
When we talk about 'Brahman', there are no two kinds of Brahman – 'poorna' and 'apoorna'. The usage has got corrupted over time.
When an incarnation of the Lord comes down with a few but not all the 16 'kala's, it cannot be called as a 'Poorna Avataara'.
If the incarnation has all the 16 'kala's, it is called a 'Poorna Brahma Avatara'.
-------------------------------
How is my life?


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
If you are good today, the future also will be good to you.
--------------------------------
I am in my sixties and well off in this life and do not foresee any difficulty in this life. I try to meditate but of no avail. I regularly read Bhagavat Gita. I would like to know about my next birth. I am very curious and slightly worried too.


Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:
When you read the Gita regularly, then where is the question of next birth? You don’t need to worry about that at all! The Lord of Gita will take care of you!
--------------------------------------------------

Chant the Maha Mantra:
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

2 comments:

  1. Who is God?, whether sastra priscribes hare krishna first or hare rama first kindly explain me in details. I am so confused.

    A.arjun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is God?, whether sastra priscribes hare krishna first or hare rama first kindly explain me in details. I am so confused.

    A.arjun

    ReplyDelete